Cute, huh? They’re pretty easy to make, too!
Vellum (any color works)
Scoring tool (optional)
LED Candle – I like the color changing ones, which I buy on Amazon:
- Cut your 8.5″x11″ paper in half, giving you a 4.25″ x 11″ piece.
- Fold that in half so it’s 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Trace and cut out your design on one side.
- Cut a panel of vellum to cover the cutout portion of the design.
- Adhere to the cardstock covering the cutout.
- Cut a rectangle (can be of scrap cardstock or textweight paper) 4.25″ x 4″.
- Score on the following lines – 0.50″, 2″, 2.50″.
- Fold in half.
- Put adhesive on the edge and line up with the inside bottom edge of your paper tent. Press down.
- Do the same with the other edge.
- Push down on the 2″ fold and now you have a little “floor” on the inside of your tent which will hold a LED candle and it keeps the overall structure sturdy so it will stand up. When you want to store it simply fold on the 2″ mark and it folds flat!
Here’s a photo of the inside floor, maybe that will help you visualize the folds better:
I only had pink & orange vellum (leftover from my wedding, 4 years ago!!) and one sheet of white. If you use color changing LED candles you can’t even tell what color the vellum is in the dark so use what you have on hand.
If you don’t have the time or desire to make your own…(here comes the shameless plug!) you can order some from me…Visit my Etsy Shop!